The Saskatoon Blades have the youngest, active goaltending tandem in the W-H-L.
With 19-year-old starter Ryan Kubic still sidelined by a Lower Body injury and 18-year-old Joel Grzybowski returned to the Battlefords of the S-J-H-L, the Bridge City Bunch have recalled 15-year-old Koen MacInnes from Burnaby of the C-S-S-H-L. He joins 16-year-old Nolan Maier as the Blue and Gold’s goalies to start their five-game U-S Division road trip Tuesday in Tri-Cities. In addition, centre Logan Christensen is back from a 19-game absence due to an internal Upper Body injury. Left winger Arjun Atwal has been released. Following is the Monday Update from the Blades...
After a thrilling comeback on Friday in Saskatoon, the Blades are on the road for the next 2 weeks on their biennial US road trip. Here’s the latest roster news & notes:
- ’99 G Joel Grzybowski has been returned to North Battleford, SJHL
- ’99 F Arjun Atwal has been sent down to Sherwood Park, AJHL
- ’99 F Logan Christensen is on the trip with the team as is listed as day-to-day, has not played since Oct. 10th due to internal injury. Expected to return sometime during road trip.
- ’98 G Ryan Kubic is still at least 2 weeks away from returning to the ice and did not attend the road trip
- ’02 G Koen MacInnes has been called up and will join the team today (Monday) in Kennewick for practice, is expected to dress tomorrow vs Tri-City Americans.
Schedule this week:
Mon: Practice, 1:00pm
Tue: Game vs Tri-City @ 7:00pm
Wed: Game vs Spokane @ 7:00pm
Thurs: Practice, 10:00am in Spokane, depart to Everett