No one was hurt in an apartment fire this morning at 26 Maxwell Crescent.
The call came in just before four o'clock. When crews arrived they saw flames and smoke coming from a corner suite. Occupants were already evacuating. While some fire fighters went after the blaze, others went through the building making sure no one was inside. City buses were called out to provide shelter and the building was ventilated to get the smoke out. The cause of the fire was careless disposal of smoking materials. Damage is pegged at $100 thousand.